To New Beginnings

Hello all,

As you have probably heard, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the AIAA Design/Build/Fly Competition has been canceled. While this is disappointing to the team, we prioritize everyone’s health and safety over everything else.

The COVID-19 situation has been an ever-evolving situation. It began with our competition being canceled, then our school moving to online classes, then our design center completely shutting down. Just this Friday, Governor Parsons has issued a stay-at-home-order. After fighting to keep building as long as we could, our team has chosen to halt further tests and repairs until after the restrictions have lightened significantly.
Our team is still planning on finishing this aircraft and seeing it fly, but for now, it has to wait. It is a shame because let me tell you, we had a great plane this year.

There is still plenty going on with the team, though. This past week we elected our 2020-2021 Officer Team. I would like to take this time to congratulate our new officers:

President: Chandler Cairatti

Vice President: Aleni Tsikhlakis

Chief Engineer: Samuel Weiler

Business Coordinator: Arnold Nguyen

Shop Liaison: Jessica Mast

It’s a bittersweet moment. I have known these people for years now, and their passion and drive for this team astounds me. While it hurts to leave the team at all, I am so glad to be leaving the team in their capable hands.

I would like to thank you all for an amazing, if short, final year. Parents, students, donors, and other supporters, without you we wouldn’t have been able to go as far as we did. I hope that you will continue to support our team in all that they do.

Thank you,
Donnita Johnson